Monday, September 1, 2008

Remembering The Fun Part 1.

Well now that I got all that sappy, sentimental, gooshyness, out of the way it's time to document our trip for future posterity or maybe just for future laughs. We left home-sweet-home and drove straight to Brighton, in Big Cottonwood Canyon, for an Isaacson Family reunion. My grandparents have been very dedicated to hosting a family reunion every other year, and it's a fun time to see my cousins and family. I'm always shocked at how grown up people are getting. My cousins having kids, ....the nerve. Times have changed since my cousins and I were little nine year olds fishing golf balls out of the coarse ponds and trying to sell them back to the Homestead. Haven't they Jayne?
Anyway, I really am related to some fabulous people and appreciate Grandma and Grandpa's efforts on our behalf.

These cousins had fun climbing on and finding all the "Boldurs"
My mom and dad wanted to take their offspring on a hike up to Lake Mary. It was a beautiful day in the mountains.
Once we arrived at our destination the little boys couldn't help but stick their heads in to cool off. It was all we could do to not ignore the sign that said "No Swimming." Bah Humbug!
(Notice Will and Mike in the background.)
Uncle Jake, was a great help when it came to sticking Isaac's head in the water.

Will and Aunt "Branana" taking time to ponder life.


Perhaps a highlight of the reunion was being able to watch the rescue attempt of some poor hiker who broke a leg up the mountain. The helicopters were the funnest to watch circle and land just up the street a few yards away from our cabins. We hope the hiker recovers well. Sadly, his plight made for some great entertainment.

Sunday we left Brighton and headed down to S.L.C. The Rees Family and us decided to take the kids to the Church History Museum. This picture was taken moments before we had our own realistic pioneer experience, Ike feel under the handcart and was rolled over, impressive as it is he didn't get hurt. The museum had some fun things for the kids to do, but I think the escalators were the favorite activity.






1 comment:

The Rees Family said...

Hi Anne
I just cried and cried--happy and nostalgic tears! Thank you for coming to Utah and I hope things don't stink today . . . How are those tomatoes? Well, Jared's mauling Emma . .
LOL,
Cheer forever