Today my boys Skyped their cousins.
They have a language all their own.
It's the language of crazy, alien possessed boy.
And sometimes this is the only language suitable for the communication of these young cousins.
It's a relief for me to call my sister (or in today's case Skype them) and realize that my children are not the only ones that think it's a hoot to dance around with underwear on their head.
This is what our boys did today.
All walls of uncertainty came down when the underwear on the head was introduced.
It was refreshing and liberating for them and sadly, I think, it was just plain fun.
My boys loved the whole ordeal, and talked about it all night.
It's this kind of humor that speaks to the Y chromosome.
Someone please tell me little girls don't do this. I need to know there is some balance in the universe.
And although I try to make my children be little gentlemen, and I don't encourage such behavior, it was nice to feel like we lived next door to the Rees' for a moment rather than more than a thousand miles away.
So Dear Skype, although we defiled your purpose's earlier today, it's nice to have you around to see and share our best and maybe not our best moments with our loved ones.
3 comments:
Amen Sister
Such fun boys! We love and miss them!
I've just read one of your memories of Kansas and I'm already getting teary. I can't believe we've moving in about 7 months. Exciting, but we really love Manhattan too. Manhattan misses the Andersons! Have fun with the Raricks for Thanksgiving. :)
Post a Comment