Sunday, May 22, 2011
A Sunday View
Today Mike captured a scene that I love...my three little boys sitting on the couch and Will reading a story to them all. Each of my boys have loved stories. From a young age, each will sit and listen as we read book after book. Reading together is one of my favorite times. Today, however, I had to catch my breath as I realized that my little boy is now 7. Seven is still little, yet so much older than two. More than that though, Will, is (thanks to a Nazi first grade reading program) reading like a champ. He is reading all by himself! As his mom, that's an astonishing thought. He is becoming more and more independent. He is reading and a whole world is opening up to him. I am grateful for that. Watching these babies grow up is sometimes surreal. It happens so fast, too fast. And as their mom I can do nothing about that. But I can love them and I can cherish these moments. I can bask in the realization that I get to be a mom, that these boys are mine, that they are good, and that there will always be lots of stories to read. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fun to see those quiet moments in life... every once in a while! Thanks for calling us the other night when all the tornadoes were in Oklahoma! We are glad you are safe! James was in heaven looking at the radar and live streaming. The guy is a nut. Love you guys.
I love when I catch my kids reading books together! It is way too cute. Once there was an exceptionally peaceful moment at our house and I had to grab the video camera and document it. Wendell was working on a puzzle next to Isabelle who was reading from Book of Mormon stories on the couch; complete with classical music in the background! Ha, I should post it on my blog. :) Love you guys.
Post a Comment