Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Heartbreak

My heart is breaking, as I leave a part of it in Manhattan, Kansas. I can't believe I'm driving away from my little home on the prairie, this wonderful place that has been home for the past 6 years. A more beautiful place with better people would be hard to find. When we first arrived I was shocked that people came and stayed....forever. Now I understand. This is the place I brought all my babies home to. We really learned how to be a family here. I would stay too if I could. Manhattan will always hold a dear place in our hearts.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe you're moving! I guess that is what we do when we graduate and get jobs (not that we're all the way there yet). :) Where are you headed? Can't wait to hear more details!

Jen Lynn said...

:( I think Sunday is going to be a hard day. It was so fun working with you (and Jodi, and Brandy, and Erin).

Devan and Robyn said...

Good luck with the move!! It is always hard to leave a place that you love so much...but there is so much ahead! Can't wait to see you guys in a few months! We Love You!

Hafen Family said...

Your wonderful family will be greatly missed.

Morgan Hagey said...

Anne I cried and cried and cried when we left Manhattan, and we were there only for 2 years. IT IS SO HARD. Don't lose heart. It'll be okay.

Melissa said...

Awwww! We miss you too! It's hard to believe you guys picked up and left so quickly. Six years? Really? Wow! I can't wait to continue reading of your adventures.