"She did this too", I think to myself, and the bond forges stronger.
"What and how would grandma handle this situation," is a question I often ponder.
| (Bracken's blessing day Sunday, September 3rd) |
Grandma, like me had three boys right in a row. There was no little girl to change things up for her either, just the steady stream of boy energy. I've heard childhood tales of boyisms, that my mother's brothers performed, that make me shudder a little and then smile because those boy moments sound a little familiar. Eventually, after 3 boys, grandma had a sweet girl and then years later another sweet little girl, -my mom. Yes, eventually she had the pink to balance out all that blue. With the birth of my fourth boy the blue in my world stretches on as far as the eye can see. I feel outnumbered all the time, not in a bad way, just outnumbered. Sometimes my heart yearns for a little pink. But I am so grateful, so grateful for these boys of mine, so grateful to be their mom. I pray that I'll be up to the task. I pray for patience and that my boys will grow into men of honor and goodness. At those times when my prayers get a little more intense and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, and perhaps a little alone in this sea of blue, I sense my grandma close. I know she's cheering me on, helping me out, loving and encouraging me, still leaving her mark on my soul.
3 comments:
Sweet post, Anne. I'm grateful for grandmas that make us feel like we are the most important things in the world! We sure love all of your boys! We still laugh and smile every time we think of them! Love you guys!
That is a GREAT picture!! You are awesome Anne - sounds like you are just like your grandma!! :)
What a beautiful post Anne. Sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment